Only 15 minutes south of Gold Coast Airport, Cabarita Beach is a peaceful coastal town known for its excellent surfing beach and wide variety of accommodation. With large areas of protected wetlands, the town of Cabarita only has limited development, creating a quiet, relaxed holiday atmosphere.
Cabarita features a small but well equipped shopping centre with takeaway food, restaurants, beachside hotel and Woolworth’s supermarket will provide you with the necessities of life whilst you enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the surrounding town.
“We love the affordable beachside living, seaside town charm & proximity to the Gold Coast”
Bounded by Nature Reserve to the north and west and the Pacific Ocean to the east, this typical coastal village of some 3000 residents represents a unique lifestyle. It boasts many features such as bike tracks, coastal walkways, and littoral rainforests, guaranteed to keep you active.
There is also a new skateboard park plus headland BBQ and picnic areas with uninterrupted views over the ocean; whale watching is a local pastime. The beach is renowned for its surfing and hosts many carnivals during the year; the Greenback Tailor Fishing Competition is an annual charity event and attracts hundreds of competitors from NSW and QLD.
The original name for this pretty little town is Bogangar, an Aboriginal word meaning ‘place of many pipis’, which refers to the ancient ceremonial shell middens in the area.
With such a wide range of schools on offer you will be spoilt for choice. Many of the top schools are central to the town of Kingscliff.
- Banora Point Public School -banorapointprimaryschool.com.au/
- Bilambil Public School - www.bilambil-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Bogangar Public School -www.bogangarpublicschool.com/
- Cudgen Public School - www.cudgen-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/home
- Centaur Public School - www.centaur-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Chillingham Public School -www.chillinghamschool.nsw.edu.au
- Crystal Creek Public School - www.crystalcrk-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Cudgen Public School -www.cudgen-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Duranbah Public School - www.duranbah-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Fingal Head Public School - www.fingalhead-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Kingscliff Public School - www.kingscliff-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Pottsville Beach Public School -www.pottsville-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Terranora Public School -www.terranora-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Tumbulgum Public School - www.tumbulgum-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Tweed Heads Public School - www.tweedheads-p.schools.nsw.edu.au/
- Tweed Heads South Public School -www.tweedhdest-p.schools.nsw.edu.au
- High Schools Public
- Banora Point High School -www.banorapnt-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Kingscliff High School - http://www.kingscliff-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Murwillumbah High School -www.murwillumb-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Tweed River High School -www.tweedriver-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Wollumbin High School - www.wollumbin-h.schools.nsw.edu.au
- Bossy Boots - www.echildcare.com.au/kingscliff-bossy-boots
- Little Giggles & Laughs Childcare Centre – (02)6674-8331
- Smiley Tots Children’s Centre – (02)6674-3857
- Cabarita Beach Child Care Services – (02)6676-2571
- Pippies Early Childhood Centre – (02)6676-3900
- Teddy Bears Child Care – (07)5524-5844
- Good Start Early Learning - www.goodstart.org.au
- Kingscliff Mini School – (02)6674-2750
- Pottsville Community Pre-school – (02)6676-1448
- Pottsville Gumnuts Childcare Centre – (02)6676-3299
- Mount St Patrick Primary School -www.murplism.catholic.edu.au
- St Anthony's Primary School -moodle.kngplism.catholic.edu.au
- St James Primary School - moodle.bpplism.catholic.edu.au
- St Joseph's Primary School -www.smurplism.catholic.edu.au
- St Joseph's Primary School -moodle.twdplism.catholic.edu.au
- Mount Saint Patrick College -www.mursc.lism.catholic.edu.au
- St. Joseph's College -www.sjctweed.org
areas in Australia and we truly hope we can assist you in discovering more about and settling into the Tweed Coast.